ACT is an employer led, not for profit organisation. ACT was established in 2004 to support the private, independent and voluntary sectors with workforce development.
Since being established, ACT attends strategic local, regional and national forums / boards and seeks to ensure that the voice of the employer is represented.
This has enabled ACT to keep up to date with current and relevant information about the Health and Social Care Sector, and how the changing landscape impacts on communities and those who access support services.
ACT is a reference point for care sector employers. We support with accessing training (through our links with training providers), identify available funding opportunities, assist with the completion of the National Minimum Data Set (NMDS) and enable organisations to meet quality standards.
ACT aim to work in partnership with:
- Local Authorities
- Skills for Care and the National Skills Academy
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Health and Wellbeing Boards
- Private, Independent and Voluntary sector
- NHS Trusts
- Public Health
- Local Workforce Action Boards
- Care Quality Commission
- Safeguarding Boards
- Higher Education Providers
- Employment Support Organisations